Friday, April 17, 2009

Essay Deadlines are for Squares, Part XXXIV

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=318063

I know I already posted this on my Facebook, but holy shit you guys, I had to write about it here. So what if it is two in the morning? So what if my essay was supposed to be sent via email already? So...wait. Why did I just spend three hours on stumbleon? Oh, that's right. Because it is like cocaine for anyone with ADD! Seriously, it is like the thing was designed to distract me. Which I guess it was. Crap.

Anyway, this link. It fills me with such happiness, and I am not just be dramatic for humorous effect as I ususally am. It really does make me happy. Watch it, and you will see why. I'll wait. No seriously do it now.




RIGHT!? How good was that?! It is times like these that really make me think that there might be some justice in the world. Here is the weird old British lady who loves cats, and everyone is making fun of her, and that Simon Crowell character who picks people apart for a living is all smug. No good could come of this, it seems, but suddenly this batty lady bursts forth in gorgeous song! Why does stuff like this not happen more often? Everyone has expectations and prejudices, and we are so ready to look down on something or someone. Then something like this comes along and effectively tells that cynical son of a bitch Crowell to stick it, and everyone goes crazy! This is why everyone loves underdog stories I think. Yeah, they don't happen often, and you don't see the stories of all the underdogs who almost made it but were cruelly crushed in the end. But occasionally, the universe decides to be fair and dish out some truly epic poetic justice. Such as here. God I am so life-affirmed right now I gotta go kick some puppies or something to balance myself out.

-Daniel Emerson

ps- Keep your eye on Simon. You can see the exactly second his tiny little world collapses in around him. It is like the god damn Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day! I half expected him to lift up the judging podium and ride it down the slopes into London blowing "whowho" on his trumpet...

2 comments:

Deborah Khost said...

Hey Dan,
You were so right about this can't help but smile when you watch it. Nice writing on your part. Did you ever submit your school essay? (just had to get the parental part in)
XO
M&D

Alex said...

Wow, Clark Westfield reads this?! How cool.