Wednesday, September 17, 2008

IX: Wherein It is getting harder to make up these titles

Hello!

I played the violin today, for the first time in more weeks than I would like to count! Oh god, since the beginning of summer actually. Good lord, it is amazing how fast you forget things. Really basic things like counting, even. Everything looks very familiar somehow, and I know that I had the ability to read it blindfolded at one point, but now I found myself having to think a bit harder. At least, that is how it was at first. I had this vivid image of this old man led into a room of his childhood. Tottering, he makes his way to a music stand, where, before his almost disbelieving eyes lays his violin, resting on a pillow. A single tear rolls down his cheek as his tenderly lifts it to his chin and begins to play Meditation from Thais, his favorite song. All dignified the onlookers weep silently as his fingers dance over the strings, marking a course they know so well, a course they...
*ahem*. Got a little carried away there. No, I was not that old man, and the only reason the nonexistent onlookers would have cried is because it sounded so jarring. Seriously, even scales were a trick at first. It is bizarre and humbling to have to start from square one again. But enough on the violin (I will be working more on it).

Today was a okay day I guess. As it is Wednesday, I got to sleep in till 12:30, though I had to go to rehearsal at 2:30. Had pancakes with chocolate chips, yay! This seems like the making for a really great day, but as I made my way home from acting class I very quite morose. Class itself was pretty intense. Ellen is very, very passionate about what she does, and as such she can be a little much sometimes. I guess it is a good thing, and it didn't really bother me in class, but it is the only thing I can think of that put me in a glum mood. I had this whole elaborate thing to say about this homeless man on the subway, but it has all gone completely out of my head, and honestly I don't know if i feel comfortable relating all my inmost thoughts to the internet. Suffice to say that put me in an even blacker mood, and as I walked home everything seemed to remind me of something wrong and how bleak things can be. I wish I could explain it better, but I probably don't have the time to be mucking about on the internet. On the plus side, this did kinda put me into my Cleaning Madness/Do Something mode, which was nice. Hopefully I don't get lazy with all my vows to do something creative or new.
-Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Daniel (no, I will not address you by this new name you've decided on-yes, I also know it's your middle name).
Sounds like you're having fun :)
I saw the Senior Corps show at the end of this summer, and someone did your monologue from Henry VI, but not nearly as well as you performed it.
You should email me: Rlarkey13@msn.com
Miss you, even though I'd imagine you cannot be happier to be away from me :P
-Rachel